Proposed: November 17, 1995
The meeting was called to order by the chairman, George Rupp, at 1:15 p.m. in the auditorium of the Schapiro Engineering Building. There were 45 of 79 voting members present, and 1 observer from affiliated institutions.
1. Adoption of the Agenda (Exb. 1) - The agenda was adopted as proposed.
2. Adoption of the Minutes (Exb. 2) - The minutes of the September meeting were adopted as proposed.
3. Report of the President - President Rupp added nothing to his lengthy report of last month except to say that progress on those items was continuing.
Senator Bozena Malyszko (Stu., SEAS) expressed disappointment that the President would not be attending class day at her school. President Rupp explained that this was due to an unavoidable scheduling conflict rather than any type of favoritism.
4. Report of the Executive Committee Chairman - Senator Paul Duby (Ten., SEAS), substituting for Senator Karl Kroeber (Ten., GS), reported on brief discussions about Senate committee reorganization, a topic now several years old, and the new retire ment software that is intended to help employees forecast their income and expenses after retirement.
5. Nominations to Committees - Ed Falterman (Nonsenator, Stu., TC) was nominated and elected to the Community Relations Committee.
6. New Business - There was none.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 1:22 p.m.