Proposed: September 16, 2011
MEETING OF THE COMMITTEE ON EDUCATION
September 16, 2011, 10:30 a.m.
1. Adoption of the agenda and minutes
2. Chairs’ remarks
3. Demonstration of new Provost’s web site (http://www.columbia.edu/cu/vpaa/dp/) for approval of new programs. Guests: Raquel Munoz and Zeid Sitnica of the Provost’s office
4. Certificate program proposals from the Mailman School of Public Health, being reviewed by Jim Applegate, Letty Moss-Salentijn and Mi Wang.
Guest: Dr. Melissa Begg, Professor of Clinical Biostatistics and Vice Dean for Education, MSPH
5. Newly proposed provostial committee on new distance education guidelines
6. Setting agenda for next meetings
7. Old business
8. New business